BEYOND BRICK AND MORTAR
Planning for a new custom home is exciting. Designing the Northern Virginia home of your dreams should reflect the priorities of your family, from a vaulted great room perfect for holiday celebrations to a sunlit breakfast area ideal for Saturday morning pancakes.
It’s also, for most of us, one of the largest financial commitments we will make. Therefore, the process of new home building can become an exhausting and overwhelming experience. With a trusted and experienced builder like Brush Arbor Home Construction and a well thought-out plan, it should be a smooth process that produces a beautiful home for your family to enjoy for years to come.
We have designed this Custom Home Construction Planning Guide to assist you in the selection and design of your new home. It is equally useful for selecting from a library of existing home construction plans.
This guide will help you consider the following areas:
- Family Description: Assess your family’s habits, hobbies, activities and personal preferences to help form the design of your custom home.
- Project Information: Determine square footage calculations including interior and exterior areas, requirements like number of levels, ceiling heights and types, and floor finishes and what are must-have amenities like islands, fireplaces, bookcases, cabinets, wine racks and more.
- Adjacencies: Plan out where to place the rooms in your home. Decide upon adjacent locations for important rooms and list primary, secondary and not to be adjacent.
- Exterior Style and Type: Architectural styles and types can range from the intuitive organic architecture of a prairie home to the simplicity of a coastal cottage. When planning your new home construction, take a look at the list of several types of architectural styles and think about which represents your family and interests.
- Site Conditions: The slope or terrain of your proposed site can serve as one of the most important factors in determining the type of foundations appropriate for your home. Consider the basement style that best fits your needs along with the appropriate foundation, based on your proposed site.
This guide is perfect for anyone considering a new home or remodel project. We invite you to download Brush Arbor’s Home Construction Planning Guide today.