Build Your Career at Brush Arbor Homes
For over a decade, Brush Arbor has served as one of the top custom home building companies in Northern Virginia. We believe success is more than just building beautiful homes. Every home we build is also an opportunity to create relationships that last. Those relationships are built on honesty, integrity, respect, and servant leadership.
“Our investment is in people first. This is a hard and fast rule pertaining to employees, subcontractors, customers, and even people around the world. Our success flows out of this principle, which our reputation is built on.” — Jonathan Smith, Owner
Build A Home | Change A Life
All Brush Arbor employees are also part of our core mission to improve living conditions around the world through our Buy One Build One program. For every home built in Northern Virginia, Brush Arbor will build a home in a developing country for a family in need. We strive to be the best in the industry in terms of quality and ethics. If you share our high standards and commitment to people first, we want to hear from you!
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects from permit issuance to warranty phase, including coordinating business partners/trades, monitoring and updating project schedules. This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
- Previous experience with project management software a must
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Ensure that all projects and purchasing/inventory functions are completed in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Manage, maintain job schedules, and job logs daily for multiple projects
- Manage, maintain, and communicate job budgets with Brush Arbor Staff
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years residential construction / management experience
- Management of custom home budget of $1M-$6M
- Must possess a professional demeanor and exceptional time management skills
- High level of service minded professionalism with a wide range of clients.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Efficient team management skills
- Familiarity with construction management software (Co-Construct) a strong plus.
- Previous experience in VA and working with Local agencies is a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements and building codes
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Experience with custom home building based on fixed price and cost + projects required
Administrator: Finance | Marketing
The Brush Arbor Finance & Marketing Administrator will directly assist the Finance Manager and Marketing Coordinator with the responsibilities and duties listed below. The primary goal of the Administrator is to assist with internal functions and maintain processes that allows the Finance and Marketing teams to serve Clients and Business Partners in a way that mirrors the Brush Arbor Way. Through these efforts, we aim to attract new Clients & establish stronger relationships with our Business Partners.
- Work as a strategic partner with the Finance Manager & Director of Operations to address opportunities for company growth while establishing and maintaining discipline in financial management, reporting, and organizational goals.
- Assist in monthly close process for timely and accurate reporting.
- Input invoices received from vendors and subcontractors into accounting system.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries & work to resolve issues that may arise in a timely, professional manner.
- Perform reconciliations on statements of account received by vendors.
- Work with Project Managers and Finance Manager to process incoming invoices for jobs.
- Collaborate with all departments within Brush Arbor. Build ongoing relationships and take proactive role in issue resolutions within the various departments.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Assist with special projects, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot any recurring process issues, determining root cause and driving solutions.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator and Operations Department coordinating the communication and marketing needs between Brush Arbor, Project Managers, Clients, and their Neighbors.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator and Operations Department with the coordination of photography, content storage, as well as communication with Business Partners (marketing/design firm, realtors, etc.)
- Monitor, maintain and distribute merchandise/clothing inventory.
- Maintain signage inventory as needed.
- Compile and package all Homeowner packets per home.
- Compile feedback from surveys—client and neighbor feedback for sales/marketing reports and adjustments.
- Update client contact lists for marketing efforts such as newsletters.
Additional Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with maintaining office supplies as needed.
- Assist with and ability to create and edit documents that maintain Brush Arbor Brand.
- Buy1Build1 Donor write-ups and electronic filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite – excel, word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with social media and web platforms a plus but not required: Instagram, Facebook.
- Knowledge and/or experience with layout, web software a plus but not required. Such as: Adobe, WordPress, Pages, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently & with team members.
- Must keep a cool head in a fast-paced environment.
- Paid vacation, sick & holidays
- Health insurance coverage