Build Your Career at Brush Arbor Homes
For over a decade, Brush Arbor has served as one of the top custom home building companies in Northern Virginia. We believe success is more than just building beautiful homes. Every home we build is also an opportunity to create relationships that last. Those relationships are built on honesty, integrity, respect, and servant leadership.
“Our investment is in people first. This is a hard and fast rule pertaining to employees, subcontractors, customers, and even people around the world. Our success flows out of this principle, which our reputation is built on.” — Jonathan Smith, Owner
Build A Home | Change A Life
All Brush Arbor employees are also part of our core mission to improve living conditions around the world through our Buy One Build One program. For every home built in Northern Virginia, Brush Arbor will build a home in a developing country for a family in need. We strive to be the best in the industry in terms of quality and ethics. If you share our high standards and commitment to people first, we want to hear from you!
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects from permit issuance to warranty phase, including coordinating business partners/trades, monitoring and updating project schedules. This position reports directly to the Production Manager or Assistant Production Manager.
- Previous experience with project management software a must.
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Ensure that all projects and purchasing/inventory functions are completed in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Manage and maintain job schedules on a daily basis for multiple jobs
- Manage, maintain and communicate job budgets to Brush Arbor Staff
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5 years residential construction / management experience
- Must possess a profession demeanor and exceptional time management skills
- High level of service minded professionalism with a wide range of clients.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Efficient team management skills
- Familiarity with construction management software (Co-Construct) a strong plus.
- Previous experience in VA and working with Local agencies is a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements and building codes
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Experience with custom home building based on fixed price and cost + projects required
Well established local custom home builder is searching for an enthusiastic individual who will excel in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be working directly with the Finance Manager in the role of Finance Administrator which is a full-time position. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Finance Administrator Responsibilities:
- Review and process subcontractor invoices for payment
- Match & verify purchase orders to corresponding invoices
- Support Finance Manager with project reports as needed
- Assist Finance Manager with check disbursements
- Respond to all subcontractor inquiries and work to resolve any issues that may arise in a timely, professional manner
- Provide weekly status reports for PM’s on their projects
- Assist PM’s with relevant documentation as needed
- Communicate with all subcontractors regarding required protocol for submitting invoices
- Route and track all invoices for PM approval
- Coordinate draw requests with PM’s per draw schedule
- Create customer billing and process corresponding cash receipts
- Log all incoming receipts
- Maintain Draw request schedule
Finance Administrator Requirements:
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, meet designated deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Must be detail oriented
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and follow up skills
- Be able to work independently with little supervision and work well with others
- QuickBooks and Construction experience helpful but not a must
- Benefits: 401k, paid vacation, sick and holidays