Build Your Career at Brush Arbor Homes
For over a decade, Brush Arbor has served as one of the top custom home building companies in Northern Virginia. We believe success is more than just building beautiful homes. Every home we build is also an opportunity to create relationships that last. Those relationships are built on honesty, integrity, respect, and servant leadership.
“Our investment is in people first. This is a hard and fast rule pertaining to employees, subcontractors, customers, and even people around the world. Our success flows out of this principle, which our reputation is built on.” — Jonathan Smith, Owner
Build A Home | Change A Life
All Brush Arbor employees are also part of our core mission to improve living conditions around the world through our Buy One Build One program. For every home built in Northern Virginia, Brush Arbor will build a home in a developing country for a family in need. We strive to be the best in the industry in terms of quality and ethics. If you share our high standards and commitment to people first, we want to hear from you!
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects from permit issuance to warranty phase, including coordinating business partners/trades, monitoring and updating project schedules. This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
- Previous experience with project management software a must
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Ensure that all projects and purchasing/inventory functions are completed in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Manage, maintain job schedules, and job logs daily for multiple projects
- Manage, maintain, and communicate job budgets with Brush Arbor Staff
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years residential construction / management experience
- Management of custom home budget of $1M-$6M
- Must possess a professional demeanor and exceptional time management skills
- High level of service minded professionalism with a wide range of clients.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Efficient team management skills
- Familiarity with construction management software (Co-Construct) a strong plus.
- Previous experience in VA and working with Local agencies is a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements and building codes
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Experience with custom home building based on fixed price and cost + projects required